Thursday, October 9, 2008

Recommended interview of the day

Amidst all this blabbing about the election, I thought I should take a moment to post a great interview with Thomas Friedman. The NYTimes columnist has been very active in discussing the importance of an energy technology revolution in the United States. He has a new book on the Green Revolution, Hot, Flat and Crowded, that I look forward to reading.

Take a moment to read this interview he gave recently. My favorite part is in response to a question about the famous RNC "Drill, Baby, Drill!" chant:

I mean, it is as if on the eve of the IT revolution, on the eve of the birth of the Internet and the PC, we are out there pounding the table for more IBM Selectric typewriters. Carbon paper, baby, carbon paper! That’s nuts. There’s only one mantra for America, and that’s “Innovate, baby, innovate!”

1 comment:

Jason Leary said...

Your blog is absolutely lovely. Consider me a new, and soon to be avid, fan.