Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Contest Alert!

Check out this contest: Pitch the City.

Boston has been ranked as the third greenest city in the US. Ok, but why aren't we first? That's the question being rightfully asked by Down:2:Earth, a website that acts as a marketplace for eco-friendly products. On April 3-5, D2E will holding their secondal annual sustainable living expo. As part of the expo, they are holding a contest in conjunction with the City of Boston. You can submit a proposal to make Boston a greener city, and four finalists are chosen to make a pitch to Mayor Menino at the expo in April.

Exchange of information is always a great idea, and I'm curious to see what the finalists are. I look around Boston every day and see things that we could be doing differently or better, so the opportunities are certainly out there.

Now, I'd like to share with you my own proposal, but since I don't need anyone stealing my idea, I'm going to hold off for now. Let's just say it has something to do with turning the foul terrority at Fenway Park into a vegetable garden...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The semi-finalists have been announced. You can see all their ideas on changents.com/d2e. And see the four finalists pitch their ideas to Mayor Menino and a panel of judges at the D2E event on April 5, 2009 at the Hynes Convention Center.