Thursday, April 2, 2009

Looking ahead to Earth Day 09

Now that Earth Hour has come and gone, it's time for look forward to Earth Day.  Yup, a whole twenty-four hours dedicated to the Earth!  This year Earth Day is on April 22, so make a note on your calendar.

Please excuse the lack of a creative segue here, but if you look to the left of the blog, you'll see a badge from the folks at Brighter Planet.  They continue to come up with unique and creative campaigns that bring awareness to environmental issues.  For Earth Day, they've begun the #earthtweet tweet-a-thon.

Full disclosure: I've never used Twitter.  I'm already so hooked in to everything, from email to instant message to the internet to Facebook, that I basically have wires coming out the back of my head, Matrix-style.  So I've honestly never taken the time to explore the wonderful world of Twitter.

However, for you Twitter-ers out there, check out earthtweet.com.  Set up to bring awareness to Earth Day 09, you can send updates on what you're doing to celebrate Earth Day.  And while I'm not making any promises, if I do end up on Twitter, this will be my first stop.

No comments: