Friday, March 27, 2009

Eco-friendly clothing

As I've written about before, it can be difficult to find eco-friendly clothing for men--but I haven't given up yet. As always, I'm on the lookout for organic cotton/bamboo products, or other types of clothing lines with an eco-friendly focus. I recently discovered two new sites that I'd like to pass on:

Tees For Change [Sustainable Tees on a Misson] boasts, "you buy a tee, we plant a tree." They sell 100% organic cotton and 70% bamboo/30% organic cotton t-shirts, and just as their slogan says, for every shirt you buy, Tees for Change plants a tree! They've partnered with a company called Trees for the Future that plants trees in different areas around the world. I wish they had more styles for men, but there are some great choices for women, babies, and toddlers.

I also got a kick out of the Revenge Is line of clothing. Now this is a cool concept: t-shirts made out of recycled plastic bottles. They offer several different shirts that play off the theme, "the best revenge is living well." No plastic packaging, soy-based inks, 10& of profits given to charity... oh, and did I mention shirts made of plastic bottles yet? It's a unique idea, and I wish them the best of luck.

I haven't tried either brand of shirt yet, so I cannot attest to their quality, but if I can get my hands on any of the clothing, I'll report back.

Happy Friday!

No comments: