Friday, March 6, 2009

Rideshare program

When my favorite band, Phish, announced their reunion tour, the first thing I did (after jumping up and down a few times) was start making plans to see some shows. Going to concerts in the summer has always been one of my favorite things to do. As I charted out a course that would take my from Boston to Long Island and back and then later out to Wisconsin, I began to wonder what the impact of all my travels would be.


Radiohead has been the highest profile band (that I'm aware of) to really publicize their commitment to environmental issues and to ensuring that their own tours are as low-impact as possible. I wanted to find out if Phish was doing anything similar. I emailed the band's management, but I still have yet to receive a direct response.



I did notice, however, that they posted a story on their website about the Phish Rideshare Program. Quite simply, it's a carpool program that I hope a lot of people will take advantage of both this weekend at the reunion shows, and throughout the summer concert season. I'll keep my eyes peeled for any other bands/festivals/concerts that offer similar programs.

No comments: