Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Green design

I love when I find a new website or project that promotes sustainable living, especially when it's on a subject about which I don't know a whole lot. It's even more exciting when then project is the brainchild of a friend.

So imagine my delight when I had time last week to check out my friend's new website, called Rethink Design. The website is geared towards promoting sustainable graphic design. Rethink Design provides valuable information on everything that graphic designers needs to know: printing, ink, recycled materials, green printers, tips for planning, and much more. The Project Sizer is one of my favorite features -- reducing paper waste through simple and intelligent planning!

If you know a graphic designer, please forward them the website. I think any designer would be interested to learn about the extent of their impact on the environment.

On a more general note, it's encouraging to me that there are more and more sites like this that provide information for going green in such a specific area. Whether it is your job, you hobby, or just a simple daily habit, there are so many opportunities to reduce your negative impact. Sometimes it can be a challenge to go green, but sometimes it can be as easy as using the Project Sizer to reduce your paper waste.

Good work Yvette!

No comments: